Instructions for participants
- The word limit shall be 1000-2000 words.
- The tone of the story can be that of a magical, historical, adventure, jungle-themed story or of a simple fantasy.
- There shall be two categories of entries:
- Original stories: The students may submit stories with an original plot under this category.
- Alternate fairytales: Under this category, the students may pick up the plot from an existing fairytale and present an alternate take on them in accordance with the idea of Kaalitales.
- All entries should be in English.
- The entries could either be typed or handwritten.
- Please specify the following details on the cover page of your story: Story title, category (Original/Alternate fairytale), name of the participant, standard and name of the school.
The entries shall be judged on the following criteria:
- Relevance to concept of Kaalitales
- Character sketch
- Articulation and grammar
Instructions for Schools
- The competition is open for all students from classes 9th-12th.
- The entries from all participating students should be collected and mailed by 25th September 2016.
- The address to which the entries should be mailed/couriered is: Kaalitales Project, National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore, Karnataka-560072.
- Entries once received, shall be submitted to our panel of judges, who would be announcing the best entry from each participant school and awarding 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes overall (from among entries from all participant schools).
- The best overall entries shall be published after necessary editing, adaptation and illustrations. They shall be used to further develop the idea of Kaalitales and due credit shall be given to the writer.
- In case of any further doubts or clarifications, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.